Sunday, September 25, 2011

Van Gogh Influence

Van Gogh is one of my favorite artists, so I experimented with using some of his works to inspire my own.  At the time I drew this, I had not yet had experience with any painting classes, so I chose to use oil pastels, which I had already begun teaching myself how to use.  In a later work of mine, I was able to use acrylic paint to make a landscape of mountains, which I mirrored partially after "Starry Night."


For this piece, I imitated Van Gogh's "Wheatfield with Cypresses," and then inserted the crows from his "Wheatfield with Crows."  I did not try to copy the pieces exactly, as I used this only as an exercise to better my ability to use oil pastels.  I also enjoyed the opportunity to study Van Gogh's work more closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment